Most people don’t get enough Vitamin D since natural food sources are few and sun exposure, which leads to the formation of Vitamin D, can lead to other health issues.
As a result, most experts, including doctors, are recommending achieving the levels set by the Task Force for the Clinical Guidelines Subcommittee of the Endocrine Society, which is measured by Vitamin D, (specifically 25(OH)D) serum concentrations of at least 30-40 ng/ml (≥70-90 nmol/L).
Achieving this may not be possible without single high-dose vitamin D supplementation – i.e. beyond what’s achievable from healthy sun exposure and/or a daily multivitamin and mineral formula (MVM) even if said formula contains vitamin D3 in amounts higher than the current daily recommendation of 600-800 IUs.
Furthermore, relative high dosing (2-3 times RDA) appears to have no downside but an enormous potential upside.2,5,9
In keeping with the latest research findings, we’ve formulated a stand-alone Vitamin D3 product. Here are some unique features:
- It is NSF Certified for Sport, which means it’s been 3rd party tested to be true to label and free of contaminants and banned substances
- The form of Vitamin D is cholecalciferol, or D3, which is the most effective form for raising levels
- Each soft gel contains 1000 IU (25mcg)
Here’s what to do:
- Continue to use your dotFIT MVM, which contains at least 1,000 IUs of vitamin D.
- Following at least one month of supplementation at this level, have your doctor include a vitamin D status test (serum concentrations of 25(OH)D) at your next checkup.
- If your levels are less than 30 ng/ml, use the dotFIT Vitamin D3 supplement as needed to raise levels above 30 ng/ml or as your doctor suggests.
- From our experience, it requires a minimum of an additional 1000 IUs/day to reach and maintain these levels for an average person not obtaining sufficient exposure to sunlight.
- At your next checkup, confirm that you’ve reached Vitamin D levels of 30 ng/ml.
Serving Size: 1 Softgel Capsule
Servings Per Container: 100
As a dietary supplement, adults take one (1) softgel capsule daily during meals or as directed by a health professional.
||Amount Per Serving
||% Daily Value
|Vitamin D-3 (as cholecalciferol)
||25 mcg (1000 IU)
* % Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Other Ingredients: Soybean Oil, Softgel ( Gelatin,Vegetable Glycerin, and Water) and Vegetable Oil.
Contains No: Sugar, dairy, yeast, wheat, gluten, preservatives, artificial colors or flavors.